Understanding how to care for and protect your jewelry can keep them in its original condition for many years to come. Here are some of our recommendations:
- If possible, remove your jewelry before starting any activity that might damage it, such as playing sports, cooking or gardening.
- To ensure the life of your 14k or 18k plated jewelry, do not expose it to water.
- Avoid any contact with cosmetic or household products, since they contain ingredients that could discolor your jewelry.
- Fine jewelry should be removed before going into a chlorinated swimming pool or before using household cleaners. Many of these cleaners contain ammonia, which can be too harsh for delicate gems or vintage jewelry.
- Chlorine bleach, another common household solvent, can pit or damage gold alloys.
- Avoid contact with moisture and liquid cosmetics; this includes lotion, sunscreen, and perfume as this will affect the finish.
- Remove jewelry when bathing, showering, or exercising.
- Jewelry should be stored when not in use in your Amour JNCY pouch, ring box, or jewelry box.
- Clean the jewelry after use with a soft cloth.
- Remove jewelry before going to sleep.
- Chains should be closed, wrapped up and laid flat so as to avoid the formation of knots.
- Jewelry boxes that feature individually padded slots for rings and posts for hanging necklaces and bracelets are also ideal.
To clean your diamond jewelry, use a soft toothbrush and dish soap and gently scrub gold and diamonds. Do not clean pearls with any chemicals, abrasives or solvents.
Most colored gems can be cleaned with warm water, mild dish soap (no detergents) and a soft brush. Be sure to rinse your jewelry in a glass of water to remove cleaning solutions.
- When traveling, protect your jewelry pieces from scratches or impact damage by padding it in a separate box or travel case.